Merchandising Planning & Operations Manager
US - FL - Coral Gables
At Movado Group, we are committed to building the strongest brands in the industry - and we are passionate about what we do. Our people are fueled by a creative spirit and a drive for excellence that are reflected in every aspect of our business. We offer the watch industry a compelling strategic vision and track record of sustained growth - and we offer our employees unparalleled opportunities for career advancement. We invite you to come share in our success.
The Merchandise Planning and Operations Manager will be responsible for developing product strategies and building strong assortments that drive sustainable, profitable growth. This person will be responsible for forecasting the assortments and will lead the order and invoice operations for the Latin American Region. This position requires a strong ability to manage people as well as leadership skills to drive change and reinforce processes with internal and external stakeholders. The Merchandise Planning and Operations Manager must have a balance of creative and analytical skills as well as strength in communication, strategic thinking and business knowledge in a dynamic, multi-branded environment.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Merchandising: Support all local sales teams in the process of creating an assortment for each market in LATAM by analyzing sell through data, understanding product trends and competitive landscape by market, and creating a compelling portfolio segmentation (A, B and C Doors).
- Demand Planning & Forecasting: Consolidate all local sales plans into a total Latin America perspective, deploying it into an accurate forecast plan which must be aligned with clients, as well as consistent with the open to buy and the fiscal goals of the Region. Monthly reviews of the plan will be conducted with internal and external audiences in order to assure product availability according to the plan.
- Sales Order Recommendation – Core: Identify opportunities by comparing sell out data with inventory levels in major accounts.
- Sales Order Recommendation – Newness: Lead planning of new product introduction, scoping the potential of newness based on historical sell out data (hindsight report) in major accounts. Support sales team presentations with major clients by presenting an accurate recommendation of quantity for each new product.
- Customer Service: Assure that orders are properly allocated and shipped on time.
- Leadership: Drive a team of 4 members to achieve goals and deadlines. Build strong relationships with clients and corporate teams.
- Competitive Intelligence: Conduct market and competitor research to identify and analyze movement and opportunities within the competitive landscape.
- Bachelor’s Degree
- 10+ years of experience in supply chain, merchandise planning, sales administration or operations.
- Fluency in Spanish and English
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, presentation skills, as well as influence and negotiation skills are required
- Must be able to initiate change management, inspire others to think differently, and collaborate with clients to make change happen
- Strong MS Excel and SAP skills
- Must be able to analyze sales data and other insights, as well as offer tactical and strategic solutions to solve problems and grow the business
- Must be able to work at a fast pace in a rapidly changing business environment
- Approximately 10% travel is required in this position
DIRECT HIRE - NO AGENCIES PLEASE
One of the world's premier watchmakers, Movado Group, Inc. designs, sources and distributes watches from ten of the most recognized and respected names in time: Movado, Ebel, and Concord along with our Coach, HUGO BOSS, Juicy Couture, Lacoste, Scuderia Ferrari, Tommy Hilfiger, and Rebecca Minkoff licensed watch brands.
Now is the perfect time to explore watch industry career opportunities with us. Our employees enjoy a competitive compensation and benefit package. Our people are the corner stone of our business - we invite you to grow your career with us.
Movado Group, Inc is an equal opportunity employer. It prohibits discrimination based on age, color, disability, marital or parental status, national origin, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status or any other legally protected status in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws.