- Job Req:
- Job ID:
- Job Location:
- Job Category:
- Job Type:
- Posted at:
- 2019-08-27 14:29:44
At Movado Group, we are committed to building the strongest brands in the industry - and we are passionate about what we do. Our people are fueled by a creative spirit and a drive for excellence that are reflected in every aspect of our business. We offer the watch industry a compelling strategic vision and track record of sustained growth - and we offer our employees unparalleled opportunities for career advancement. We invite you to come share in our success.
Job Summary: The Creative Copywriter is an integral part of the Creative Services team driving the success of brand marketing programs. This pivotal role will help define and lead the brand voice through all marketing copy across global platforms. The main responsibilities include but are not limited writing copy for creative materials: digital/ web, product naming and descriptions, email, direct mail, social media, POS.
This highly creative and detail-oriented position requires strong conceptual and communication talent along with problem solving and time management skills. In this role you will work closely with many cross- functional teams.
Essential Job Functions:
- Write copy that brings the Movado brand to life for all channels, including digital/web, social media (paid + organic), e-mail, in-store, public relations, training, and other on- and offline formats.
- Self- edit and proof to ensure information is factually and grammatically correct and, most importantly, on brand.
- Strategize with marketing, creative, digital, CRM, visual and retail teams to ensure copy meets needs of and is adaptable to all customer touchpoints.
- Research and share with stakeholder's latest industry copy innovation and linguistic styles.
- Leverages the content produced by creative to support product launches by building compelling story sets; quickly adapts/ implements learnings from consumers response to platform campaigns/ initiatives along with changes in culture.
- Leverages consumer insights, social listening, fashion/beauty/culture trends to develop an understanding of what is most relevant to our audience; shares it generously with internal teams.
- Understand the calendar and work with teams to ensure deadlines are met and edits are executed for final approval.
- Attend creative planning and strategy meetings and stay up to date on trends in luxury fashion, pop culture, and beauty to better inform writing projects.
- Think on a campaign level and execute big-picture ideas.
- Develop positioning and creative/ content strategies for new Movado brand programs as well as other corporate initiatives.
- Develop seasonal concepts and editorial stories, collaborating with other marketing and creative stakeholders.
- Ensure copy is within local legal parameters reviewing with internal legal stakeholders.
- BA in English, Journalism, Communications, Creative Writing or related field or equivalent combination of education and experience sufficient to successfully perform essential functions of the job.
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in product copywriting role, beauty or fashion industry preferred.
- Positive, enthusiastic, can-do attitude.
- Thorough understanding of the rules governing the grammar and usage of the English language as well as familiarity with standard reference texts.
- Ability to adapt to change and make last-minute revisions based on business needs and direction.
- Proficiency with Mac platforms (Adobe Creative Cloud Suite a plus) and Microsoft Office programs (i.e. Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.).
- Strong organizational skills and track record of entrepreneurial projects.
- Ability to manage several projects simultaneously, with limited supervision and readjust priorities in order to meet tight deadlines.
- Ability to create and execute a broad creative copy vision and write in both brand and editorial voices.