- Job Req:
- Job ID:
- Job Location:
- Job Category:
- Job Type:
- Posted at:
- 2022-07-19 21:30:29
At Movado Group, we are committed to building the strongest brands in the industry - and we are passionate about what we do. Our people are fueled by a creative spirit and a drive for excellence that are reflected in every aspect of our business. We offer the watch industry a compelling strategic vision and track record of sustained growth - and we offer our employees unparalleled opportunities for career advancement. We invite you to come share in our success.
The Merchandiser drives and manages the day-to-day responsibilities for their brands with a focus on exceeding their financial objectives. Has the ability to develop strategies and tactics to enhance the MCS business. These objectives include: sales/gross margin, inventory management, forecasting, promotional planning, and product knowledge.
- Partner with VP of Merchandising & Sr. Merchandise Manager to ensure understanding of divisional and brand direction and strategies
- Create action plans to maximize sales & GM opportunities and minimize risks based on current trends, past performance and inventory availability
- Manage day to day business for brand responsibilities:
- Sales & GM analysis / reporting
- Promotional strategies
- Inventory management
- Floor layouts / store merchandising / linear footage analysis
- Select and order merchandise for stores based on merchandise plan, sales trend and availability
- Forecast monthly sales/receipts for production for the majority of the assortment
- Collaborate the Brand Management for available inventory
- Partner with and communicate with E-Commerce team members on assortment building, pricing, and promotional plans
- Develop and communicate strategies, expectations, and results with stores on a consistent basis
- Partner closely with cross functional teams in MGI (Finance, Brand Management, Supply Chain, Digital, IT, Distribution etc.)
- Participate in brand Sales & Operating meetings and present MCS needs
- Provide customer service to 50+ stores
- Visit stores within the immediate market – including periodic overnight trips
- Prepare for and present in business meetings
- Support additional projects as needed
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent, and 3-5 years related retail experience (retail buying, allocation, planning, forecasting)
- Proven track record in driving sales, gross margin and inventory turn
- Strong retail merchandise / business acumen
- Results driven with excellent analytical skills
- Strong Inter-personal skills and decision making capabilities
- Excellent communication, presentation and management skills
- Ability to maintain a cooperative teams environment that promotes high performance
- Possess the ability to multi-talk in a fast paced environment
- Extremely flexible and able to adjust to changing business needs
- Proficient in Excel, Power Point, Retail Merchandising Systems – preferable KWI & SAP
DIRECT APPLICANTS ONLY - NO AGENCIES
Movado Group, Inc. designs, sources, and distributes MOVADO®, MVMT®, OLIVIA BURTON®, EBEL®, CONCORD®, COACH®, TOMMY HILFIGER®, HUGO BOSS®, LACOSTE®, and CALVIN KLEIN ® watches worldwide, and operates Movado company stores in the United States.
Now is the perfect time to explore watch industry career opportunities with us. Our employees enjoy a competitive compensation and benefit package. Our people are the corner stone of our business - we invite you to grow your career with us.
Movado Group, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. It prohibits discrimination based on age, color, disability, marital or parental status, national origin, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status or any other legally protected status in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws.